Games Day: Sunday, May 3, 2015. Please click the Ram for details.
A Noisy But Joyfully Noisy Weekend -- Linda da Rocha
Thanks and Appreciation from Sr. Jeanne, Sr. Joan and Sr. Teresa
Welcome new members
Happy belated 101st Birthday to Sr. Miriam Xavier
Biennial General Meeting and AAAwards, November 28, 2014__Dinner replay form
Story of Selina Chan-Ying -- Irene Legay
Trailblazer now on TV.
Please click here to read the newsletter.
|Album #1||Album #2|
|Album #3||Album #4|
Please click the image above to view pictures in the album.
Click the image to enjoy the video by Micheal, son of Carole Chinn Tjoa (Class 1955)
[Gala] by Michael, son of Carole Chinn Tjoa ('55) [1955 at St. Basil] by Michael Tjoa.
[Class of 1980] by Angela Sun [Memories from 2014 WWR] by Margaret Wong ('63)
In the first part of our Class of 1964 photo album, a number of my classmates visited the Motherhouse on July 29.
The other parts of the album are our Class of 64 50th anniversary celebration and the WW reunion activities.
Welcome to Toronto! We are in our final week and the 8th MCS Worldwide Reunion and 30th Anniversary of MCS Former Students (Ont.) celebration is happening this weekend. All the WWR participants are flying into Toronto. Our committee is so excited to meet and greet each and every one of you.
Here are some last minutes updates that we would like to share with you:
1) For those who are going to the Niagara Falls Tour on Friday, August 1, please meet at the Hyatt Regency Toronto hotel lobby at 8:30am. The tour bus will depart sharply at 8:45am. Because there are a few road closures in downtown, please prepare ample time to travel to the hotel.
You can get the directions to the hotel here.
2) For those who are planning to come to our Celebration Mass, the Mass will be held on Saturday, August 2, at 3:15pm at St. Basil’s Church.
3) After the Celebration Mass, there is a reception at the Loretto College. This reception is only open to our WWR registrants.
4) Our ROM registration and reception starts at 6:00pm at Royal Ontario Museum. Please enter the ROM via the Bloor Street entrance. The door will be open from 6:00pm till 7:00pm since this is a private function. The Saturday event will end at 10:00pm.
5) On Sunday, August 3, the Gala reception starts at 5:00pm at the Hyatt Regency Toronto hotel. If you would like to take part in the class photo taking session, please arrive at least 5 – 10 minutes before your photo session time. You can ask your class rep for your photo session time in advance.
6) As we are having silent auction, souvenir sales and lucky draw ticket sales in the Gala, please remember to bring your cash and cheque. All the net proceeds will be donated to our Motherhouse. We only accept cash or cheque, no credit cards. Also, we will accept US dollars at par.
7) Last but not least, there are numerous road closures over this weekend. Please prepare extra time to travel to downtown.
Lakeshore Blvd: Aug 2 12:00am to Aug 3 6:00am - From Strachan Ave to Colborne Lodge Dr.
Details: The eastbound and westbound lanes will be closed due to Caribbean Carnival. The following ramps will also be closed: Dunn Ave off-ramp from Westbound F.G. Gardiner Expressway, Jameson Ave off-ramp from Eastbound F.G. Gardiner Expressway, Jameson Ave on-ramp to Westbound F.G. Gardiner Expressway and British Columbia Dr on-ramp to Eastbound F.G. Gardiner Expressway from Westbound Lake Shore Blvd W.
If you need more details of our scheduled events, please check out here!
See you on August 2.
Our event details and dinner menus are listed in our last update. If you want to refer to it, please click here.
IMPORTANT: Food Allergies
Here is our dress code for the events.
Friday, August 1, 2014 Niagara Tour (optional) Casual
Saturday, August 2, 2014 Mass & ROM Reception Business Casual
Sunday, August 3, 2014 WWR Gala Business Casual or Semi-Formal
Everyone will be given an event pass when you register at Royal Ontario Museum on August 2. Registration starts at 6:00pm at ROM. Please enter the museum at the Bloor Street entrance. Our doors will be closed at 7:00pm.
On your event pass, you will find the following information:
Your name, class, class photo session time and Gala dinner table number will be printed on your event pass. This is also your ticket for the ROM reception, guided tour to The Forbidden City exhibition and the Gala dinner. Please keep this on you throughout the whole event.
Class Photo on Gala Night
We will have a class photo-taking session before the WWR Gala dinner starting at 5:15pm on August 3 at Hyatt Regency. Please come to the photo booth at least 10 minutes before your allotted time (found on your event pass). A photo printout will be handed out by your class representative at the end of the evening.
Remember to bring cash/cheque for the silent auction, souvenir sales and raffle tickets
We will have silent auction and souvenir sales at the Gala. Please remember to bring cash and your cheque book. Also, there will be a raffle lucky draw at the end of the evening. One of our lovely Maryknollers has donated a set of fine sapphire/diamond earrings and ring set. It’s appraised to be at $8,200. Raffle tickets will be sold to draw on this beautiful set of fine jewellery.
All proceeds from the silent auction, souvenir sales and
raffle tickets will go to the Motherhouse.
Look forward to meeting with you all on August 2, 2014.
- Worldwide Reunion update - June 25, 2014
- WWR Class Reps
- Updates on 8th MCS Worldwide Reunion and MCS Former Students (Ont.) 30th Anniversary
- Thanks for attending the Memorial Mass for Sr. Rose Duchesne Debrecht
- Memorial Mass for Sr. Rose Duchesne Debrecht
- Nancy Tong and Trailblazers in Habits
- Notification of the Death of a Maryknoll Sister
- WWR2014 Program__Day 1
- Sister Rose Duchesne, R.I.P.
- 8th MCS Worldwide Reunion