Welcome to Toronto! We are in our final week and the 8th MCS Worldwide Reunion and 30th Anniversary of MCS Former Students (Ont.) celebration is happening this weekend. All the WWR participants are flying into Toronto. Our committee is so excited to meet and greet each and every one of you.
Here are some last minutes updates that we would like to share with you:
1) For those who are going to the Niagara Falls Tour on Friday, August 1, please meet at the Hyatt Regency Toronto hotel lobby at 8:30am. The tour bus will depart sharply at 8:45am. Because there are a few road closures in downtown, please prepare ample time to travel to the hotel.
You can get the directions to the hotel here.
2) For those who are planning to come to our Celebration Mass, the Mass will be held on Saturday, August 2, at 3:15pm at St. Basil’s Church.
3) After the Celebration Mass, there is a reception at the Loretto College. This reception is only open to our WWR registrants.
4) Our ROM registration and reception starts at 6:00pm at Royal Ontario Museum. Please enter the ROM via the Bloor Street entrance. The door will be open from 6:00pm till 7:00pm since this is a private function. The Saturday event will end at 10:00pm.
5) On Sunday, August 3, the Gala reception starts at 5:00pm at the Hyatt Regency Toronto hotel. If you would like to take part in the class photo taking session, please arrive at least 5 – 10 minutes before your photo session time. You can ask your class rep for your photo session time in advance.
6) As we are having silent auction, souvenir sales and lucky draw ticket sales in the Gala, please remember to bring your cash and cheque. All the net proceeds will be donated to our Motherhouse. We only accept cash or cheque, no credit cards. Also, we will accept US dollars at par.
7) Last but not least, there are numerous road closures over this weekend. Please prepare extra time to travel to downtown.
Lakeshore Blvd: Aug 2 12:00am to Aug 3 6:00am - From Strachan Ave to Colborne Lodge Dr.
Details: The eastbound and westbound lanes will be closed due to Caribbean Carnival. The following ramps will also be closed: Dunn Ave off-ramp from Westbound F.G. Gardiner Expressway, Jameson Ave off-ramp from Eastbound F.G. Gardiner Expressway, Jameson Ave on-ramp to Westbound F.G. Gardiner Expressway and British Columbia Dr on-ramp to Eastbound F.G. Gardiner Expressway from Westbound Lake Shore Blvd W.
If you need more details of our scheduled events, please check out here!
See you on August 2.